Search This Blog

Old Computers


COMPUTER AUTOBIOGRAPHY

WARNING: I wrote this when I was in high school, so it's probably grossly out of date.  I'll update it when I don't feel lazy.   Nevertheless, here it is:

My computer interest all began when I was about 5 years old. We had a brand new Macintosh 128K Computer that I loved watching my dad use. I used to sneak up to the computer and fool around with it. At times, I'd even start playing some games. At school, we used Apple ][e's and I took up BASIC programming in first grade, showing off my BASIC knowledge. Soon, the Macintosh 128K was upgraded to a 512K (whoopee!). In fifth and sixth grades, I joined the TAG/TLC program in Hoffman School in Glenview. That was where my interest in computers was elevated. They used the new Apple][gs's and I had fun playing Oregon Trail all day long...The TAG/TLC program was mainly when I developed my fast typing skill - I reached my record of 136 WPM in sixth grade on the CommuniKeys typing program. By then, I had become a serious programmer in BASIC, and started my first full blown program, called "The Computation Game." By now, I have developed versions of this game on the Mac in C, Pascal, and BASIC; as well as on the PC in QBASIC and Borland C++ in DOS and WINDOWS; and in GNU C on a UNIX SunSparc - X11 Windows system.

When I was 10 or 11, I had always thought that Macs were the best computers in the world. I've always thought that Windows was a low level, stupid program. But then, I had my first contact with MS-DOS based PC's. Very soon, I learned DOS and WINDOWS, and began programming. The 486 Gateway System we got was superb - much faster than that old Mac 512K I used to use.

Old Computers
Old Computers
Old Computers
Old Computers
Old Computers
Old Computers
Old Computers
Old Computers
Old Computers
Old Computers
Old Computers
Old Computers
Old Computers
Old Computers
Old Computers
Old Computers
Old Computers
Old Computers
Old Computers
Old Computers



No comments:

Post a Comment